The Faculty of Applied Sciences at the Wayamba University of Sri Lanka has planned to offer the degrees of:
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology in Construction Technology,
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology in Electrotechnology, and
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology in Mechanical & Manufacturing Technology
subject to the approval of the University Grant Commission (UGC). The students from the Advanced Level Technology Stream with the Engineering Technology and the Science for Technology subjects are eligible to apply for the programmes through the UGC. Currently the prospective students need to apply for the common category of Bachelor of Engineering Technology in Wayamba University of Sri Lanka which includes the above three degree programmes. The degree programmes have been started in 2016 with the initial annual intake of 80 students and the intake will later be increased to 100.
These four-year degree programmes have been designed with the intention to meet the accreditation requirements based on Sydney Accord international agreement so that the future graduates will be internationally recognized. The first level of the degree programmes commonly cover the fundamentals of required by the three disciplines and the second, third and fourth levels of the programmes are dedicated for the specializations. The course outlines as shown here.
consists of modules from the following subject areas.
Engineering Technology Fundamentals
Level 2, 3 & 4
Level 2, Level 3 and Level 4 consist of a pool of Engineering Technology course modules to provide the specialized knowledge in the respective disciplines.
Construction Technology Specialization
- Construction Technologies
- Waste Management & Environmental Engineering
- Geo-mechanics and Surveying
- Electricity, Power and Machine Technologies
- Electronic Applications
- Communication Technologies
Mechanical and Manufacturing Technology Specialization
- Automobile and Hybrid & Electric Vehicle Technologies
- Manufacturing Technologies
- CNC and CAD Technologies
Interdisciplinary Areas (Common for above specializations)
- Building Services Technologies
- Entrepreneurship and Management
- Information and Communication Technologies
Throughout the course a great emphasis is laid upon developing students' practical skills. The courses contain a compulsory research project that train students to analyze and solve real-world technical problems. The industrial training module is offered at the final semester for students to experience a real working environment at an external organization.
Wayamba University of Sri Lanka aims to offer high quality Bachelor of Engineering Technology programmes to meet the global accreditation standards with the ultimate objective of producing globally recognized Engineering Technologists and future technological entrepreneurs.